- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup dark or white cooking chocolate
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup peanut butter (Optional)
- 2 table spoons of butter
- 2 table spoons of honey (Optional)
- Coconut flakes/Crushed Nuts (Optional)
1. Cut bananas into slices (approximately 1 inch thick).
2. Combine cooking chocolate, butter, peanut butter and melt in a double boiler or microwave. Stir until creamy. Add honey if you prefer.
3. Dip banana slices completely in melted chocolate.You may use a tooth pick or a fork. Completely coat banana slices with chocolate mixture.
4. Place chocolate covered banana on parchment paper or on a nonstick tray.
5.If you feel more chocolate is needed, drop a spoonful of chocolate sauce over each slice.
6. Sprinkle the bananas with coconut flakes, icing sugar or crushed nuts.
7. Place the tray in deep freezer if you want frozen banana bites) or you may enjoy soft banana bites by just putting them in fridge.
Suggestion: You also may dip marshmallows, strawberries or even cookies in chocolate sauce.